summer!


the fact that we've already done lots of shoe scrubbing is a good indicator that we've started our summer off right. school's been out around here for 2 weeks and we're well into the lazy/crazy activities we want to do while the beautiful weather lasts.


like everyone and their mother, we put together a list. ours comes in the form of printed and cut-out squares pinned to a 2 by 3 foot bulletin board. we add a star sticker every time we complete a mission. happily, we've already done many more than are shown here.


I just made the squares myself in photoshop. picked the colors. added the white text and printed them out. snip snip and pinned them on. I admit, a major happiness for me is how perfectly they fit on this board. 
you totally should. I put the blank squares in a pdf document. so you can add your own white text on top if you know how. or draw right on them. or use a white paint pen. I bought the bulletin board at walmart. the document is just 8 pages of squares. a couple of each color. this board fits 77 squares so you just get to pick a handful of pages to print twice until you have enough. you should print at actual size, no scaling or anything.

we also have a little weekly mom schedule that we loosely follow. both my kiddos really like having something to look forward to and get excited about. our schedule has just enough to kick start a few ideas for the day but not too much that we can't just pack up and do something crazy instead. I'd just copied this chart a few times before I filled in what was for dinner. I usually write down ideas when we get them just squished into the squares. or wait and surprise my little people. oh summer, we love you.



6 comments:

  1. My favorite...Bluth Banana Pops. Made me smile. Unless of course, that little yellow one on the bottom towards the right hand corner means a visit HERE...then THAT one is my FAVORITE!! :) Yay for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you bet it does! all those splashy places and that super wide slide that I didn't really find out about until it was too late last year. we'll make a plan! I have a friend or two I'm sure will want to join too.

      Delete
    2. and if any of the utah ones look good to you boys and girl, head on over this way and we'll invade utah together!

      Delete
  2. thanks for the download! now we'll see if i can think of as many things to do as you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i went snooping, as people do and discovered your cute little puppets! will have to remember for birthdays or car rides.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete