we ♥ dads

especially this one
Photobucket
Photobucket
thanks for taking kids to the rodeo (radio if you asked Lily), not minding the furniture-musical-chairs constantly going on around here and giving the thumbs up to put turquoise paint on anything, planting plants and mowing the yard the old-fashioned way, doing the Little Einsteins dance with Lily (or both of them) whenever it comes on, Max+screaming+church+you in the hall, transporting Max back and forth between our bed and his bed for nighttime nursing, suggesting pizza on just the right nights when we're been busy all day, telling me to breathe during Lily's under 4-hour all-natural labor and birth, laughing about the bowl of cafeteria gray spinach during Max's easier-than-flying-a-kite 3-hour-labor, helping my sisters+mom+dad take the recycling or give late-night xrays or clean out the raspberry bushes or learn pointless soccer facts, being a fantastic student and worker, being my grandparents' favorite grandchild, buying me a piano and then saying nice things like you had no idea I was that good (actually I'm not that good), late night quick texts haha, coaching soccer but especially doing the hokey pokey during practice and the made-up handshakes and cheers for the dragonfairies


and I must say that despite the 1982 moustache/grapefruit sized glasses...I'm rather fond of this dad too
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
thanks for buying Thelonious Monk cds just because I was in jazz band, camping memories (save some for dippin), handling a house with 6 females+you, teaching me about tools and driving (that took a while to sink in obvious by the amount of work you had to do on my yellow geo storm), teaching me about marriage and family and sacrifice and forgiveness and love without saying much about it, still being the smartest person I know, coming to dragonfairy soccer games, scheming about Max's nacho libre blessing day costume, Sunday pancake night with the perfect scrambled eggs, welcoming my then 14-year-old-looking husband as your sports buddy/snickers question stealing/crazy grandma visiting husband, giving us daddy blessings on each first day of school

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post Allie. Loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! And, I especially love the two new family pics .. ADOR-ABLE. Do ya hear me???!!! ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that

    ReplyDelete